The most refreshing potato salad! It’s deliciously creamy, it has lot’s of fresh herbs, and that bit of lemon gives it the perfect summery touch. Plus this dressing uses mostly Greek yogurt instead of all mayonnaise, so this is a healthier alternative to the classic potato salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 45 minutesServings: 7Calories: 192 kcal
- 2 1/2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed clean, diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 english cucumber (8 oz) halved, seeded, diced
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, then more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh dill, then more for garnish
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, or more to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot then add enough water to cover and season water with a teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then cover and reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until potatoes are fully tender, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, then chill fully (to chill faster spread onto a rimmed baking sheet and freeze for about 10 – 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile place diced cucumber on a few layers of paper towels and wrap and press to remove some of the excess liquid.
- Transfer cucumber to a large mixing bowl, add in Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, dill, lemon juice, and garlic then season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir mixture.
- Add potatoes and red onion to bowl then toss to evenly coat. Serve within a few hours garnished with more parsley, dill and lemon zest (keep chilled).
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy